Dearest family and friends,
For the sake of time, I’m going to copy an idea of a friend of mine and use bullets points from this week:
- Completos on Monday for our first P-day together. They were a bit pricy but so very yummy. 😀
- It’s getting REALLY cold outside–it’s in the 20s almost every day. Thank goodness for shirts and tights with polar fleece!
- On Thursday we actually had all of the lessons we planned! That’s a miracle because that rarely happens. 😀 And it was also an exciting day because an entire family (minus the dad) accepted baptismal dates!! The dates fall because they didn’t make it to church this week, but they still want to be baptized. It’s been really great to see how the light in their faces has changed, especially when they learned about the plan of salvation. It was a beautiful lesson.
- One of our investigators is going through a really rough time right now, and she told us that she’s found peace and strength as she’s read the Book of Mormon and prayed. It’s really great because she has started saying “When I get baptized” instead of “If I get baptized.”
- Hermana Custódio has been teaching me Portuguese, which has been a lot of fun. I can now count to 100 and tell you about an apple. 😉 I’m hoping to end this cambio speaking Spanish, English, French, AND Portuguese. 😀
- I’ve lost both of my name tags, which is why in some of the pictures I’m “Hermana Cunha”… There’s a mission myth that says that every time your name tag falls, your future spouse gains weight. I don’t even want to know what happens if you lose two name tags…
- This morning we went to Salto de Laja, a beautiful waterfall that’s close-ish to Los Angeles. It was really cool because we went early, so NOBODY was there. 😀 As we paused for a moment, watching the falls, I contemplated what a marvel it is that God created all of this for our enjoyment and benefit. What a wonderful Father. We also played Ninja there, which was fun.
- Life is full of little miracles if you’ll only train your eyes to see them. God is truly present in every facet of our lives, and He loves us more than we can know. It’s a real blessing to help others come to this knowledge and to see the difference it makes in their lives.
I love you all!! Have a wonderful week!!